GenieDB is hiring Field Application & Customer Solution Engineers.
We’re looking for Field Application and Customer Solution Engineers to help solve hard problems in Replicated Geo-Diverse Cloud Database Technologies
GenieDB is a young, multinational startup that develops ground breaking ultra-distributed database technology. Our product has applications everywhere from geographically diverse, high speed trading systems to highly available, mission critical web presences.
We have vacancies in our Southern California office for highly technical problem solvers. These are customer-facing roles involving travel within the United States.
- Work as part of a sales team to identify and map specific customer requirements to technical solutions.
- Plan, prioritize and deliver customer prototypes to quickly and coherently demonstrate proof of concept solutions.
- Be a technical interface between the customer, Sales and Engineering teams.
- Provide pro-active technical leadership to ensure the delivery of final customer implementations.
- Characterize customer-specific problems, supplying detailed diagnostic feedback to the Engineering and R&D teams.
- Train customers to manage, monitor and use their specific solutions. Advise them on integrating into existing management infrastructure.
- Manage ongoing support relationships.
- Assess and explore development / test / business automation ideas and opportunities.
- Automate your role before moving on to other challenges.
Projects at GenieDB require a wide range of different skills. If you have an interesting mix of any of the following then we would like to hear from you.
- Hold an MS degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Comfortable using the UNIX shell and associated desktop concepts.
- Comfortable diagnosing and debugging applications in diverse UNIX / Linux based environments.
- Comfortable with networking and internetworking technologies and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, broadcast, multi-cast, any-cast, routing, BGP, sub-netting, DNS, VPNs and peer-to-peer protocols).
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and reasons for using them.
- An understanding of SQL and NoSQL engines, features and tradeoffs.
- Crisis management.
- Comfortable with multi-threaded, multi-process and multi-node distributed techniques.
- Ability to form distributed consensus both in Software and with colleagues.
- Programming experience in a range of high and low level programming languages such as C / FORTH / Python / Perl or Scheme.
- Comfortable working with or as part of geographically diverse teams.
- Have your own ideas about software lifecycle management / QA automation and development models.
- A passion for automation.
If you would like to join us, all you need is an aptitude for problem solving and a passion for distributed systems.
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.